Emergency Services Training
Once you have completed the Orientation Course (“Level 1”), you can start training working toward an Emergency Services rating. Ratings are the jobs we do during a mission. Examples of ratings are “Mission Pilot”, “Airborne Photographer”, “Mission Radio Operator”, “Ground Team Member”.
CAP Online Learning
The following courses are on eServices in Online Learning and AXIS
- CAPT 116 General ES – This one should be completed first.
- Introductory Communications User Training (ICUT)
- CAPT 117 ES Continuing Education Part 1 – This training is for members that will be working on ground teams during missions
- CAPT 117 ES Continuing Education Part 2 – This training is for members that will be working on aircrew teams during missions
- CAPT 117 ES Continuing Education Part 3 – This training is for members that will be working at the mission base during missions
The following course are offered online for free through the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). For FEMA courses, you will need to sign up for a free account on the FEMA website. Once you complete these courses, you will be emailed a completion certificate that needs to be uploaded to eServices. Instructions for this process are here: https://civilairpatrol.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/33000211394-credit-for-nims-courses-ineservices-ops-quals
- ICS 100 - https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=IS-100.c
- ICS 700 - https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=IS-700.b
Train for an ES Rating
Once you have completed the CAPT 116 course (also called GES), you should contact your Emergency Services Officer, Operations Officer or the Commander to be assigned a mentor for one of the following “entry level” positions.